911 Rural Addressing
911 Rural Address Assignment is done in the Lee County IT/GIS office located in the Lee County Building at 933 Avenue H, Fort Madison, IA.
A completed Application Form for 911 Address Assignment is required before an address can be assigned. You will need the following information:
- Parcel Number of the property
- Township the property is located in
- The name of the road where the entrance/driveway to the property is on
- Where the driveway/access point from the road to the property will be located
- The nearest existing address to the property and direction it is from the property
The Application Form for 911 Address Assignment can be downloaded here or is available at the IT/GIS office in Fort Madison.
911 Address Assignment Application (PDF)
** Effective March 18, 2020 the office building in Fort Madison is temporarily closed to the public. If you need a printed form and cannot download one, call and request one be mailed to you. **
Once completed, return the form by any of these methods:
- Email to GIS@leecounty.org
- Mail to Lee County IT/GIS, 933 Avenue H, Fort Madison, IA 52627
** Effective March 18, 2020 the following option is temporarily unavailable. Do not come to the office to drop off an application & payment.**
OR hand deliver to the IT/GIS office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
A $30.00 fee, payable to Lee County Treasurer, is required at time of application in order to obtain a 911 address and marker. The fee is $15.00 if only an address is needed but no marker. This is only allowed if no structure will be placed on the property.
Please allow 1 - 2 weeks for processing to be completed and address sign to be installed.